Information Collection and Use
We collect several different types of information for various purposes to provide and improve our Website to you.
Types of Data Collected
While using our Website, we may ask you to provide us with certain personally identifiable information that can be used to contact or identify you (“Personal Data”). Personally identifiable information may include, but is not limited to:
- Email address
- First name and last name
- Phone number
- Address, Country, State, Province, ZIP/Postal code, City
- Cookies and Usage Data
We may use your Personal Data to contact you with newsletters, Articles and other information that may be of interest to you. You may opt out of receiving any, or all, of these communications from us by following the unsubscribe link.
We may also collect information that your browser sends whenever you visit our Website or when you access our Website by or through any device (“Usage Data”).
This Usage Data may include information such as your computer’s Internet Protocol address (IP address), browser type, browser version, the pages of our Website that you visit, the time and date of your visit, the time spent on those pages, unique device identifiers and other diagnostic data.
When you access our Website with a device, this Usage Data may include information such as the type of device you use, your device unique ID, the IP address of your device, your device operating system, the type of Internet browser you use, unique device identifiers and other diagnostic data
Tracking Cookies Data
Cookies are files with a small amount of data which may include an anonymous unique identifier. Cookies are sent to your browser from a website and stored on your device. Other tracking technologies are also used such as beacons, tags and scripts to collect and track information and to improve and analyze our Website.
You can instruct your browser to refuse all cookies or to indicate when a cookie is being sent. However, if you do not accept cookies, you may not be able to use some portions of our Website.
Use of Data
We use the collected data for various purposes which includes:
- to provide and maintain our Website;
- to notify you about changes to our Website;
- to allow you to participate in interactive features of our Website when you choose to do so;
- to provide customer support;
- to gather analysis or valuable information so that we can improve our Website;
- to monitor the usage of our Website;
- to detect, prevent and address technical issues;
- to fulfil any other purpose for which you provide it;
- in any other way we may describe when you provide the information;
- for any other purpose with your consent.
Retention of Data
We will also retain Usage Data for internal analysis purposes. Usage Data is generally retained for a shorter period, except when this data is used to strengthen the security or to improve the functionality of our Website, or we are legally obligated to retain this data for longer time periods.
Transfer of Data
Your information, including Personal Data, may be transferred and maintained on computers located outside of your state, province, country or other governmental jurisdiction where the data protection laws may differ from those of your jurisdiction.
If you are located outside Nigeria and choose to provide information to us, please note that we maintain the data, including Personal Data, in Nigeria and process it there.
Disclosure of Data
We may disclose personal information that we collect, or you provide:
Disclosure for Law Enforcement
Under certain circumstances, we may be required to disclose your Personal Data if required to do so by law or in response to valid requests by public authorities.
If we are involved in a merger, acquisition or asset sale, your Personal Data may be transferred.
Other cases we may disclose your information includes
- to contractors, Website providers, and other third parties we use to support our business;
- to fulfill the purpose for which you provide it;
- for the purpose of including your company’s logo on our Website;
- for any other purpose disclosed by us when you provide the information;
- with your consent in any other cases;
- if we believe disclosure is necessary or appropriate to protect our rights, property, or safety, our customers, or others.
Security of Data
The security of your data is important to us but remember that no method of transmission over the Internet or method of electronic storage is 100% secure. While we strive to use commercially acceptable means to protect your Personal Data, we cannot guarantee its absolute security.
The law gives you certain rights in respect of the information we hold about you. Below is a highlight of some of those rights. It is not a complete, exhaustive statement of your rights in respect of your personal data:
- You have a right to a copy of the personal data we hold about you, as well as the information about what we do with it, who we share it with and how long we hold it for. We may make a reasonable charge for additional copies of that data in the case of unfounded and excessive requests.
- You have a right to freely transfer your data received from us to any other person.
- You have the right to have the information we hold about you corrected, if it is factually inaccurate. You may contact us for this purpose.
- In some circumstances, you have the right to the deletion of the information that we hold about you.
- You have a right to lodge a complaint about the handling of your personal data with the National Information Technology Development Agency (NITDA).
- You have the right to ask us not to process your personal data for marketing purposes. We will usually inform you (before collecting your data) if we intend to use your data for such purposes or if we intend to disclose your information to any third party for such purposes.
We may employ third party companies and individuals to facilitate our Website (“Website Providers”), provide services on our behalf, perform Website-related services or assist us in analyzing how our Website is used.
These third parties have access to your Personal Data only to perform these tasks on our behalf and are obligated not to disclose or use it for any other purpose.
Analytics & CI / CD tools
We may use third-party Website Providers to monitor and analyze the use of our Website.
We may use third-party Website Providers to automate the development
process of our Website
Links to Other Sites
Our Website may contain links to other sites that are not operated by us. If you click a third party link, you will be directed to that third party’s site. We
We have no control over and assume no responsibility for the content, privacy
policies or practices of any third party sites or Websites.
We will let you know via email and/or a prominent notice on our Website, prior to the change becoming effective and update “effective date” at the top